Saturday, May 24, 2008

Envelope Please Swap

This is for a swap called Envelope Please on ccswaps. The directions are to create an envelope as beautiful as what is inside. What we send and how we decorate are all up to us.
I have some blank open envelopes just waiting to be used. I like the buff color of the envelope, so I embossed the numbers Cuttlebug embossing folder and inked the raised areas with a VersaMark pad and heat set.
I re-embossed the envelope in a different embossing folder and inked with a Distress pad.
I did another re-embossing with the diamond embossing folder and inked with a darker Distress pad. I did the same with buff colored paper to cover the booklet I made.
To add a decorative accent, and to hide the areas that show the edge of the embossing folder, I inked paper with Distress ink, ran it through the diamond embossing folder and re-inked with the same Distress ink.
I covered the messy areas on the booklet and envelope with the accent piece, added some large old brads and flattened them with Tim Holtz's Distress Hammer.
Here is the front of the finished booklet:
For the insides of the covers, I found scraps of paper with raised dots that reminded me of mini brads. I embossed them with the diamond embossing folder and inked the raised areas with Distress ink.
Here's the finished inside of the booklet. It can hold inchies, small embellishments or.......
I inked up a bland address label and added it to the envelope ready to be addressed. To protect the envelope, I will mail it in a clear plastic envelope.

1 comment:

Maggi said...

Beautiful!!!! Perhaps the hostess will have to have you send to her!!