Saturday, May 3, 2008

Connected ATCs

Over on ccswaps, Adrienne is hosting this fascinating swap. We are to create 4 ATCs that look like one art piece when they are connected, and each of the ATCs to look like individual ATCs. Took me awhile to figure out how to get it to work, or to be something that I like in the whole and each part.
I received this fun paper, which was used by a stamp store to wrap purchases in. I misted it with water, crumpled it, opened & dried it. Then ran some Distress ink over the creases and sprayed it with a homemade mist of yellow ink and gold perfect pearls.

I glued it to a sheet of cardstock and trimmed off the excess. Decided I was going for a romantic theme, so I stamped some flourishes randomly over the surface and added this glittery embossing powder.
I purchased this textural ribbon at a stamp store and glued it to my background.
This next part took me awhile to figure out. I made a pattern on scrap paper of how the 4 ATCs would be connected and laid out the main images to see how they would fit. After several tries, I decided I liked how these images worked together.
I cut a rectangle (not quite 2-1/2" x 3-1/2", but close enough) template out of another piece of card stock and laid it over each section, to make sure that I liked how the images worked in each part on their own.
My metal embellishments each had a different finish. I colored them with black & gold alcohol ink, so they would work together.

I glued all the images on the background, added a couple of words, stamped some sayings and glued on the metal embellishments. Looked great, now for the scary part.
I was able to cut the background in 4 pieces without making a mess of it!!!! (I'm a bit equipment/tool challenged LOL)
Below is a closer look of the four ATCs as they stand apart.

9 comments:

Rena Sawatski said...

Love these Carol. I don't know if I will be participating in this swap, even more so now that I have seen yours. But whomever receives them should be very pleased.

Trish Bee said...

Wow these are brilliant too! I love these! I must get my act together and make some myself!

Adrienne Wood said...

Perfick!!!!!

chrissy said...

I am thinking about signing up for this swap too, but want to visualize and make something before I do. Your connected ATC's are wonderful!!! Maybe I'll think of something yet!
Chrissy

Rosie said...

Carol these are fabulous! I don't know how you can bear to part with them.... I couldn't! I love the stages that you shared with us - thank you so much!!
And yourbrayered gesso resist backgrounds are scrummy!

Unknown said...

Brilliant! Never heard of the connected ATCs before! Amazing!

Chris in Oz said...

WOW!!! Carol, these look terrific. You've inspired me to 'have a go', pity i'm away from home and ALL of my stash. I'll have to check out what i brought away with me. Hugz......

Artlab said...

Great job Carol! I did something similar using an altered photo- I like yours much better, so I think i will revisit the concept!!!

Unknown said...

OMG! wonderful project, wonderful results x