Saturday, May 28, 2011

Faux Mother of Pearl

I had fun at a Stampin Up! card workshop and learned this fun & easy technique. Use a wadded up piece of plastic wrap to pick up a slight amount of Pearl White Lumiere paint and dab over white card stock and let dry. It dries fairly quickly with the small amount of paint used.
I love how this looks, very shimmery in the light.
And you can stamp over it! Here I used Midnight Blue StazOn ink. You can used dye ink also.
Here's the card I made using this piece:

3 comments:

chrissy said...

That is a gorgeous technique!! I don't have that color of lumiere, but do have some of the colors. I think I might try with one of those. Chrissy

Anonymous said...

Hm, i tried this and i am not impressed with what i get. Do you have to use glossy white cardstock cos I was just using it on Whisper White CS from Stampin up?

Thanks,
Wendy

Carol said...

Wendy, I'm not sure if the paper need's to be glossy. I did use a coated paper. It's important that you have very little paint on the plastic wrap.