Thursday, May 26, 2011

Crackled Collage

After making the Rock Candy Distress Stickles Collage, I wanted to try doing it with Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint in place of the Stickles. All the steps are the same, except instead of applying a thin layer of stickles, applied a thick layer of crackle paint and let dry. Tim says, after allowing the cracks to start to appear on their own, you can use a heat tool to finish the cracking/drying.
I did get some bubbling of the paint while drying with the heat gun. Next, cover the paint with Distress Ink using a blending tool. Work the ink into the cracks.
Mist a cloth or paper towel with water and lightly wipe over the inked surface to reveal the paint and collage underneath.
I like how this looks. I needed to use a stronger adhesive under my paper to start with, but I like it anyway!

No comments: