Monday, April 6, 2009

Not Just Paper ATCs

On ccswaps, there is a swap for "Not Just Paper ATCs", for the June 6:5 ATC swap. The instructions say, "include some other materials apart from paper and card.You might want to use fabric, metal, plastic. You can use some of this material on a card base or you can make your entire ATC from non-paper based materials." This isn't due until June, but I've been wanting to play with foil flashing tape and an old sewing marking wheel, and this seemed like a good opportunity to use them. Wanted to get them made while I had an idea. I started with a cardboard base cut to 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" and covered it with foil flashing tape. I used the sewing marking wheel to create a pattern.
I stamped an image of a woman's face, along with the word "bliss" on to a plastic transparency sheet with black StazOn ink.
I adhered the stamped transfer sheet to the foil background. Added a ribbon imprinted with a measuring tape pattern and a large rhinestone type colored flower.
Lots of fun to find non-paper materials to make these ATCs. Can't wait to see what the others in the swap come up with.

No comments: