Monday, April 6, 2009

JAM #5 - Recycled Materials

In today's mail, I received a set of Recycled Materials JAM ATCs that had the first two steps completed. I just needed to finish the ATCs and keep one and send the others on their way. Below is what the ATCs were like after the first two steps done by Linda Lee Smith and Stephanie Povey:
I started off with a baby wipe that had been used to clean off paints from an earlier project and some old foil Christmas light reflectors I cut in half.
I choose a spot in a Cuttlebug embossing folder that I liked the design, and embossed the foil light reflectors. I colored the raised areas with black Archival ink and heat set.
I stamped a saying on to a scrap of printed tissue paper with black Versafine ink. Also stamped out a woman's head onto the used baby wipe with black Versafine ink and cut out the image.
To complete the ATCs, I edged the card with a gold leafing pen, glued on the embossed foil , the woman's image, and the torn stamped tissue paper. Then found some gold confetti hearts, left over from a party, to add a finishing touch.
This was lots of fun, using items most people would have thrown away, to create something special.

1 comment:

inge said...

the embossed recycled metal is really nice !
the cards look really finished now.

greetings
Inge