For the outside covers, I wanted to experiment with canvas paper and some embossing folders. I cut the canvas paper and 1" larger than the cardboard to be used for the covers. I made a wash of blue and purple acrylic paints on the canvas paper. Then sprayed a wash of water and Perfect Pearls over the surface (doesn't show up in the photos).
I adhered a thin sheet of cardboard (the size of the cover) to the back of the canvas sheet before running it through the Cuttlebug. Because the canvas paper is almost twice as long as the CB embossing folder, I ran each sheet through the Cuttlebug twice, embossing half the paper at a time. Colored the raised areas with brown StazOn ink.
I then ran the sheets through the Cuttlebug again, this time using the musical score embossing folder. I dipped my finger into the sparkle Lumiere paint and ran it over the raised areas, getting the paint down into lower areas.
Colored the raised areas with Distress ink. Light lavender on one sheet.
Blue distress ink on the other sheet.
I decided these background pages needed a little "something". I stamped a flourish with gold Encore ink over the surface. It doesn't show up in the photo. But the gold is seen as the cover is moved in the light.
For the inside covers, I used some paper that had been in the bottom of my spray box, cut them down to size and stamped the same flourish with gold Encore ink over the surface.
To finish the front cover, I adhered some crochet lace. Stamped a quote by Victor Hugo and sung in "Les Miz" onto some "Mica & Alcohol Ink" background paper I'd made earlier. I cut out a vintage image that went well with the quote, and added a heart charm with another image in its center.
Inside front cover, added paper printed with a musical score, rubbed gold Encore ink over the surface, stamped on the same flourish, added a vintage image and added some more flourishes with the gold Encore ink. Stamped another Victor Hugo quote with black Versafine ink and added a metal charm.