Monday, March 16, 2009

Floral Fantasy

I love flowers, and have been wanting to use my Cuttlebug to add texture to flowers for cards. So I quickly signed up for the Floral Fantasy swap on ccswaps and gave it a try. I used a large Prima flower to be a template to dray a floral shape out of a piece of glitzy light blue paper that came from the bottom of my spray box.I started to cut out a second shape to back my flower, and realized it would be easier to adhere the two sides together, then cut out the front side. I stamped a script with lavender Brilliance ink and heat set.
I ran the flower through a dotted Cuttlebug embossing folder and colored the raised dots and the edges with a gold leafing pen. I colored the edges and raised areas of two Prisma flowers with the lavender Brilliance ink pad and heat set. I later used a large gold brad to attach the layers together.
I ran a sheet of pick card stock through the dotted Cuttlebug embossing folder twice, to get the card covered with dots. I'm not worried about the seam where the folder ended up, as I have a plan to cover that up. I used a gold leafing pen to color the edges and the dots that will be seen in the card.
This vintage image is another freebie on Elizabeth's blog. I thought it was perfect for my card. Love all colorful flowers in the girls' hair! I colored the edges of the image with a gold leafing pen. I had made an extra green background when I was working on this project. I loved the green watercolor paper with the perfect pearls on the script. Just the right accent for this card. I stamped a floral quote (with black Versafine ink) onto the pink card stock, and then layered everything onto a large white card.
Inside I stamped a blessing I wish for you all, "May all your days be filled with flowers, memories, friends and happy hours".
Here is a close up of the flower:
This was fun!

4 comments:

Terri said...

Love the flower...great use of your tools.

inge said...

Hello Carol,

The dots are great ! Although it is quite some work to color them almost all with the gold leafing pen... but I like them as well on the flower as on the background. The combination of the pink, the gold and the green is also a great combination.

Nice card !
greetings from Belgium
Inge

Gaby Bee said...

Carol, just saw your last few posts....you always have such nice things to show...love seeing them!
Thanks for sharing! You are such an inspiration!

Gaby xo

Elizabeth Golden said...

Wonderful - I love pink and green together. The flowers are sensational.