Debbie is the "IT" girl for April on Art-Venturers. Her theme is botanicals. I had her in mind when I made the background sheet of ferns on watercolor paper at stamp club earlier this week. I wanted to turn this paper into covers for a booklet, so I cut them into 4 equal pieces.
I used a texture stamp with Bronze ink to add color to the pages.
For the front, I taped the same fern stencil I'd used to do the background, and covered it with Copper Stencil Paste. After removing and cleaning the stencil, I let it dry overnight.
I embossed two strips of bronze metallic paper with a leafy Cuttlebug embossing folder (first chance to play with the new-to-me border embossing folders). I colored the raised areas with green Brilliance ink.
Stamped on some sayings with black Versafine ink. It shows up really well on watercolor paper. I adhered a thin sheet of cardboard between the outside and inside covers, to give them some added stiffness. Used a copper leafing pen to color the edges of the cardboard, the edges of the covers, and of the embossed paper strips (that were cut to fit the inside covers). I used the cut off ends of the strips to add a decorative touch to the outside front and back covers.
Added pages made out of photo pocket holders. These can not only hold photos, but also unmounted stamps, ephemeral..... I bound the book together with the Zutter Bind-it-All. Front cover:
Inside showing how it can hold unmounted stamps (they do not come with the booklet, sorry Debbie):
Back inside cover: