Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fiona's Deco

I received Fiona's deco to work in. I stamped 4 images with Distress ink on to the white card stock. I used black markers to define the edges and add details. It is like a reverse of the bandanna technique.
It needed something. I ran an embossing pad over the surface and covered it with iridescent embossing powder and heat set. It's hard to get a good photo. It looks like tile.
I added an art quote on velum that I received from Annie when I was the "IT" girl. I blackened the edges with a Sharpie and attached it with black brads.
For the back, I used a piece of paper from the bottom of my spray box, the same one I used to make Chrissy's ATC Holder. I ran it through the dotted embossing folder and colored with purple Distress ink. Then through the diamond embossing folder and colored with silver Brilliance ink. Then through the swirl embossing folder and colored it with blue Distress ink.
I adhered the sheet to the back of the first page and decided the background needed something. I lightly ran a black Archival ink pad over the surface to give it a grungy look and make some of the detail stand out.
To finish the back, I added an image, another quote from Annie and a clear A sticker with silver edges that I placed over a dark sheet that had also been in the bottom of my spray box.

No comments: