Sunday, April 17, 2011

"A" technique ATC

On ArtVenturers Group, we've decided to work through the alphabet of techniques to create ATCs. Each month, we'll make ATCs using a technique starting with one of the letters of the alphabet, going A through Z. We are starting with the letter "A". There are many techniques starting with the letter "A". The technique can be for the background or an embellishment. I'm using the Acrylic Molding Paste with Pressed Objects technique backgrounds I made yesterday. I was thinking of using the Angelina/Fantasy Fiber butterfly embellishments I made earlier today for my embellishments, but didn't like how they looked on my background, not light enough (I may "need" to buy some light color Fantasy Fibers for future projects lol).
Cut out white mulberry paper butterflies using a Cuttlebug die. Then inked one side of the matching Cuttlebug embossing folder with silver Encore! ink, then embossed the mulberry paper. To cut and emboss the mulberry paper in the Cuttlebug, added a sheet of card stock as a shim.
To create the ATC, glued the mulberry butterfly to the background along the body of the butterfly and glued on some white & silver fibers. Stamped the word "aspire" with black VersaFine ink to a piece of white mulberry paper and added to the ATC.
Looking forward to seeing what the other participants use as their "A" techniques and the completed ATCs.

1 comment:

Autumn Labbe-Renault said...

Cool. Still musing. Have multiple swaps in the works. Also, I actually did a project with the WF Distress. Will post all soon.