Thursday, November 11, 2010

Easel ATC Swap

On DCI group, we have a construction ATC swap: Easel ATC. This type of ATC is meant to stand like an easel, so I wanted all sides to be part of the "story". I started with glittery black card stock, cut it 7" x 2-1/2", scored at 3-1/2" and 1-3/4" from the first score line. This is the back. It has the theme and swap info on it. My theme is inspired by the song "Let's face the music and dance".
Choose a vintage image from the Internet and printed it on a transparency sheet. Colored a sheet of music with shimmering mist gold (brushed on as the spray nozzle is clogged). Adhered the transparency over the music sheet.
Cut out a 3-1/2" x 2-1/2" piece of the same card stock and adhered the image to it. Cut out the flourish and letters from metallic gold card stock with Cuttlebug dies and added a small red rhinestone. This makes the main ATC front.
On the non glittery side of the long back, adhered the top of the ATC front to the top short flap. On the bottom half, adhered the same gold metallic card stock as used in the embellishments on the front. Used a music border punch on the black glittery card stock to create a "stop" to hold the easel in place.

For mailing, this ATC folds flat and the main ATC front is on top. Hope this makes sense.

4 comments:

Chris in Oz said...

Oh my goodness, that is so 'kewl'!!! I wouldn't have thought to decorate the back, but I think I might have to now, it looks fantastic. I know I'm going to love getting these 'little beauties', I hope you enjoyed playing in the swap.

Hugz......

Rena Sawatski said...

Like Chris, never thought of decorating the back, but mine are already in the envelopes waiting to be mailed.

Love what you came up with and looking forward to receiving it.

Daphne said...

This is clever and oh so beautiful.

chrissy said...

I love this ATC Carol!!!
Chrissy