Thursday, January 21, 2010

Faux Patent Leather

On the NGS yahoo group we are studying Julia Andrus's book: "Paper Transformed". I wanted to come up with a quick, but different looking textured paper and came across this technique in Julia's book. She just has it listed as a variation of Dry Embossing by Machine in her book. It is very simple: glaze paper with a glossy acrylic medium and allow it to dry before embossing. I choose two different card stocks to glaze:
After they dried, I embossed them with an embossing folder in my Cuttlebug. Looks like patent leather to me.

2 comments:

chrissy said...

Yes, it does look like patent leather!!! I'm behind already.. I haven't done the first one yet. Maybe I'll catch up this weekend.
Chrissy

Micki said...

Pretty cool idea. Thanks for sharing.