Sunday, January 31, 2010

Busy Sewing

When we were in Panama for my son's wedding, we spent most of the time at the beach and I never made it to a fabric store. But, I did buy this gorgeous parrot Mola at a local craft fair. I added a blue batik border to the Mola, then made a patch work outside border to pick up the bright colors in the Mola. Now to buy a dowel, so I can display this wall hanging.
At the quilt shops there are such lovely fabrics to tempt me. I put these to good use, making a jumper and two skirts for my granddaughter.
For my grandson, a quilted carrier,
to store small toy cars and trucks. The original pattern was with more and narrower pockets to store crayons. I think Ian will like the trucks better.
And I finally finished quilting a "Disappearing 9 Patch" out of leftover Oriental fabrics for Comfort Quilters.

No comments: