Used a gold leafing pen to add dots.
Used watered down blue and purple acrylic paints to make a wash over the paper and let dry.
Stamped large butterflies with clear embossing ink, covered with clear embossing powder and heat set.
Then painted over the whole sheet with black acrylic paint and let it dry. Then used a iron and copy paper to heat the embossing powder to remove the acrylic paint from the embossed butterflies. I'm not sure if it was the black acrylic paint I used (golden) or that I let these sit for a couple of hours before doing the ironing/removing step. Some of the sheets I couldn't get the acrylic paint off, maybe I didn't get enough embossing powder on the images. Hmm.... Anyway, here is one of the better backgrounds. I have a plan to use it.