Friday, July 18, 2008

Faces of Love Annie's "It" Gift

Annie is the "It" Girl this month in the Art-Venturers group. Her theme is "faces" so I asked her to send me photos of her grandchildren. These were altered in Photo Shop to adorn the cover of this small photo album I made for her.
I went for a conservative cover. I didn't want the paper and embellishment to distract for the photos of her beautiful grandchildren. I took a sheet of the silver textured paper Adrienne sent me. I wanted to blend gold with the silver paper, so I brushed on gold metallic acrylic paint mixed with the glazing liquid to thin it down.
To make the design stand out, I lightly rubbed this red brilliance ink over the top. The metal heart and brad used on the front were silver in color, I rubbed on black alcohol ink to color them.
I wanted the inside covers to be more vivid to contrast with the stamped "faces" tags I was adding. I had some old colored tissue paper. This was glued onto thin cardboard and then spritzed with my home made diluted Red Pepper Adirondak color wash & perfect pearls. I left some of the previous colors show.
After drying, I ran these through a Cuttlebug embossing folder and highlighted the raised areas with Brilliance ink. These were adhered to the front covers. And the book bound together with the Zutter Bind-it-all, after adding the stamp tags.
Inside front cover:
Inside back cover:

No comments: