Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Folded ATCs

Great idea for another swap, and a new way for me to look at ATCs. I made one for myself and one for the swap.
I've been wanting to use some of my photographs. I took this picture of Rodin's sculpture "The Gates of Hell" last Spring. I cut the photo in half along the opening to the gates or maybe it is the exit?!?! I highlighted the thinker above the gates with a pebble, cut in half.

I wanted the inside of the ATC, to be in contrast with the stark image of the photograph, so I used the shining stone background, for a bright color with gold hightlights.

And finished the ATC with these stamped images:

For the swap, I decided to make a tri-fold ATC. I took an old map, wrinkled it and ran a distress ink pad over the surface to give it an aged look. The front of the ATC:

With the first fold open:

Opened all the way:


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!!! I love your ATCs the Hades one is one wonderful piece of UNIQUE art - really executed well.
And I love your FAITH, HOPE AND CHARITY sublime.....

Rosie said...

These are great ATCs Carol! I think that's a really saucy image of that couple!!
I love that you share your creative process when you blog and the background techniques I learn are an absolute treat!!

charlie said...

I'm totally loving your folded ATCs! So inspirational. I think I might like the one with the gate the best.

By the way, you've been tagged.

Here are the rules.
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

-Angela
funkycatstudio.com

Autumn Labbe-Renault said...

Carol, I sound like Adrienne here, but I'm drooling on my keyboard. These are gorgeous. I did some folded ATCs a while back but they did not look like these. Very well executed.

denise's little birdie studio said...

These are so cool.

Rena Sawatski said...

Carol, Iike Autumn, I am also drooling over my keyboard. l Love the ATC's, especially the first one. You sure have been busy since you got back.