Thursday, November 1, 2007

Mica play & Image Challenge

On the Next-Generation-Stampers Yahoo group we were give 3 challenges for the month of November. I decided to combine two of them: mica play and using the image of the month. I'm still fascinated with using gesso for texture, so I mixed gesso with Forever Blue perfect pearls. I felt that the gesso really took away the mica sparkle and wasn't enough of a blue for what I was going for.

I mixed several different blue inks with Pearl-Ex Interference blue and washed that over the gesso.

I liked that better and finished it off by rubbing a Moonlight White Brilliance pad over the top of the ridges.

Finally, I cut up the cardstock into ATC sized pieces. I cropped the image of the month and printed it onto a transparency sheet. I used the image to create faux postage for an ATC swap on ccswaps. I call it Winter Dreams. The mica glimmer is very subtle, but it is there.


3 comments:

Susie said...

Gorgeous work Carol! I bet these are even more shimmery in real life. I like how you've incorporated all the challenges too!

Susie

Annie said...

This is really nice Carol.
Annie

Aileen (Pronounced A-Leen) said...

Wonderful card Carol and your art is gorgeous love your quilts and the glizy book very nice eye candy, thank you for sharing :-)