Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Gifts Birthday Card using Scraps!

I was asked to do a demo at one of my stamp clubs this month, so went searching on Pintrest for inspiration. I saw a great masculine Birthday card using scraps of paper at this site.  I liked how the gifts good be used from scraps of decorative papers and ribbons. My version is on the picture to the right:

Needed to have a variety of samples for my demo, so  I played around. This one has decorative paper behind the gifts

Used a strip of birthday paper the whole length of the card:

 Then I embossed some shiny white paper in embossing folders to create a fancy looking gift in white.
 Decided to emboss white card stock for the layer behind the gifts and use glittery pink scraps for a girly BD card. Suggest stamping Happy Birthday on the paper before embossing.

 Had a piece of embossed gold paper, so embossed some plain gold paper scraps in embossing folders. Used a copper colored gossamer ribbon. Also embossed the white card stock behind the gifts.

 Also made a wedding card. Layering white and silver papers. Embossed the top white layer. Had some decorative silver card stock for 2 of the gifts, then embossed a scrap of silver paper for the middle gift. Used white dotted ribbon.

No comments: