Sunday, December 30, 2012

V is for Variegated Verdant Background

I wanted to try a Vaseline Resist technique , but it needed fluid watercolors, which I don't have. I tried it with acrylic paint and it didn't work with the more detailed stamp I wanted to use. But I decided to use a variety of different green mediums over it for a "Variegated Verdant" background.
Adhered dictionary pages over card stock and tore the edges. Stamped an image with vaseline then painted over with green acrylic paint and rubbed the acrylic paint off the vaseline (it just looks a bit streaky). Covered with peeled paint Distress Stain and let dry.
 Splattered over the surface with Wheat Grass Memory Mist (a pigment ink) and let dry.
 Used my finger to daub on some peeled paint Distress Stickles and let dry.
 I like how this looks!

1 comment:

chrissy said...

Love these colors!!