Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year!

Knowing I am well into middle age, I want to enjoy the moments I have. Today, as 2012 comes to a close, I enjoyed the winter wonderland around us with one of my sisters. As I thought about moments, and the blessings they are, I decided to look up some inspirational quotes on moments. Here they are, enjoy!

“What day is it?" It's today," squeaked Piglet. My favorite day," said Pooh.” ― A.A. Milne

“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Be present in all things and thankful for all things.” ― Maya Angelou

“Happiness, not in another place but this place...not for another hour, but this hour.” ― Walt Whitman

“Life is a preparation for the future; and the best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none.” ― Albert Einstein

“We spend precious hours fearing the inevitable. It would be wise to use that time adoring our families, cherishing our friends and living our lives.” ― Maya Angelou

“Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that's the stuff life is made of.” ― Benjamin Franklin

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering” ― Ida Scott Taylor

The value of moments, when cast up, is immense, if well employed; if thrown away, their loss is irrevocable.  - Lord Chesterfield

"The important thing is not how many years in your life but how much life in your years." - Edward J. Stieglitz

Minutes are worth more than money.  Spend them wisely.  - Thomas P. Murphy

Life is a flash of lightning in the dark of night. It is a brief time of tremendous potential. - B. Alan Wallace

Use your health, even to the point of wearing it out.  That is what it is for.  Spend all you have before you die; do not outlive yourself.  - George Bernard Shaw

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it.  I want to have lived the width of it as well.  - Diane Ackerman

May you live all the days of your life.  - Jonathan Swift

Every second is of infinite value.  - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Every day you are alive is a special occasion.  Every minute, every breath, is a gift from God.  - Mary Manin Morrissey




2 comments:

Ben@Hammary said...

Nice post! Happy new year and thanks..

chrissy said...

Love the quotes, love the picture!! I can really see the family resemblance in you and your sister.
chrissy