Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Q is for Quilted Metal

Q is for Quilted Metal. This technique gives the look of a quilt made out of metal. I made a piece with this technique for a deco page swap.
Start by placing pieces of foil flashing tape in various embossing folders and emboss.
Color each piece of the embossed foil tape with different colors of alcohol ink. Sand raised areas with sand paper.
 Place the different pieces of colored embossed foil on card. Use a sewing tool or other piercing tool to make "stitch" lines around each piece.
 I placed a decorate "Q" in the center. I'll use this as a divider in my ABCs of Technique ATC album.

3 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

How cool is this! I love this!

Rena Sawatski said...

Love this Carol. Can't wait to see it in person.

Carol said...

Sorry, Rena this one isn't for the Technique Swap. I've got a different idea for that!