Saturday, August 14, 2010

Medicine Bottle Challenge

At Stamp Club, we were given medicine bottles and challenged to re purpose them for an alternative prescription. My theme is laughter: the best medicine. I stamped a large label with the saying "Life is Better when it is Fun". And added a round label about Laughing. I coated the round label and the dots on the large label with Perfect Pearls.
I made a duplicate of the round label for the top of the cap:
Cut out and adhered a vintage Fairy image to the other side of the large label:
Stamped a quote by Barrie [When the first baby laughed for the first time, the broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.] on the other side of the bottle with Azure StazOn ink and added Prisma Glitter to the inside of the bottle:
I made a large fairy image to insert inside the bottle. Printed a vintage image on a transparency sheet and cut it out. Made wings out of Fantasy Film with cut Angelina Fibers inside and attached to the transparency image.
I had a difficult time trying to capture the fairy inside the bottle with my camera, it is easier to see in natural light.

No comments: