Saturday, April 3, 2010

Book Study: Garden Walk

On NGS group we are studying Julia Andrus' book "Paper Transformed", this week: "Garden Walk". The example in her book is stunning. Get the book and see her work, WOW!
Julia's instructions are to drip alcohol ink colors one at a time over glossy paper. Finish with a sprinkling of alcohol ink blending solution. She says "do not use an applicator for this treatment". This has a very different look from Polished Stoned technique. I love what Julia did.
These are the colors I choose and dripped them on to glossy paper.
After sprinkling on the blending solution (too much maybe?)
This one I used the same alcohol ink colors as above and added some gold metallic alcohol ink, then the blending solution. Again maybe too much blending solution. Tried using blue & gray alcohol inks:
Still different than Julia's example:
Same colors as above with silver metallic alcohol ink before the blending solution.
Perhaps I haven't captured the "sprinkling" technique. Any way it is always fun to experiment and I'm sure these will find their way into future projects. Would love to here are others do with this technique!

3 comments:

chrissy said...

I like the blue and silver. I'll give this a try and post my findings.
Chrissy

SweetPea said...

I will pull out my book and give this a try also! I love knowing that things don't always work out the way they are intended for others as well!! Love you - and Happy Easter to all of the Sweeney's

Pearl Maple said...

Fun results there, thanks for the creative inspiration and tips. Really enjoyed visiting your blog space today, so many lovely things to see.