Saturday, December 5, 2009

Memory Glass Charm

I've signed up for a swap on ccswaps, where we are to use some type of clear item or embellishment. I choose to make a charm out of 1-1/2" memory glass pieces. I layered a vintage image on top of some music paper and added words and a small piece of iridescent wrapping paper to the flowers. Used copper metal tape to hold the two pieces of glass and the front and back papers together. Added some beads, a small moon charm and tied on a pretty ribbon.
On the back side, I stamped an image over music paper and added an appropriate quote from Shakespeare.

2 comments:

Adrienne Wood said...

You need to solder this lovely object! The adhesive on the copper tape is not designed to hold long term - just to hold long enough for you to solder. If you don;t solder it will start to lift and eventually fall off....

You have the supplies LOL and you know how - so go do it!

Bossy Boots

Rena Sawatski said...

Lovely piece Carol. I see Ms. Bossy boots giving you heck LOL. I wish I knew how to solder. Might have to get DH to give me lessons or come to visit you.