Sunday, January 6, 2008

Instant Art Swap

Adrienne is organizing this swap on ccswaps. The idea is to have an assortment of components to make ATCs done in advance: backgrounds, slide mounts, tags, images & what she calls little beauties. Then when you need to make an ATC, you look through these and choose what you want to put it together. See her blog for exact details and her examples. She also suggested making a set to keep while we were at. Great ideas! I had so much fun, I made enough to sign up for the swap twice. Now I will have lots of pieces to play with.
This swap came at a great time for me. It's helping with my resolution to use the bits and pieces I have laying around. I cut up left over backgrounds I had already made into 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" ATC backgrounds. Here are the two different sets I made:


For the slide mounts, I used my large Punch Bunch slide punch to cut out more of my leftover backgrounds. Here are the two sets:


For the rounded top tags, I cut more of my backgrounds using the Cuttlebug. On the regular tags, I either inked up the tags with distress inks & sprayed with Shimmering Mists, or on one ( added copper perfect pearls to lavender mulberry paper (actually, I had used the mulberry paper to clean up the spill of water & perfect pearls I made while doing the shining stone technique). Again I made two different sets:


These little beauties are 1-1/2" x 2". For most of them the base is made up of previous done background papers. For others I wrinkled up tissue paper and added some glitz via sprays and/or wet perfect pearls. The second one I added prisma glitter to a dull background. I went through my stash of left over images & embellishments. Here are the two sets:


All I have left to do is pick out and print out images to include. This will have to wait until I get more ink for my printer. I found it easy to make up all the different components, since I wasn't working on a complete project.

3 comments:

Trish Bee said...

These are lovely! Love your little beauties!! I need to get mine done!! Eeek!

Annie said...

Brilliant Carol, must get to mine!
I'm trying to use up bits too. Love that slide punch btw :)

Annie

Maggi said...

Lovely - send directly to me!!!!