Monday, December 15, 2014

Monoprinting with Gelliplate

I wanted to use my Gelli Plate today, so I watched this tutorial on the Gelli Arts blog called Printing Dark Over Light. Great demo and shows how to make diy paint dabbers out of cosmetic sponges and masking tape great idea!
For my play, I choose a variety of light colors of acrylic and Lumiere paints

Used the paint dabbers to add circles of color, lightening the purple by adding white over the purple. Used shimmering Lumiere over stencil waste.














Cut a larger circle out of card stock to use as a stencil, and sponged on mixture of blue, purple and gold Lumiere paint.



  Used a qtip to add small dots of gold Lumiere paint.
Then waited until the paint had completely dried………...
 Used a brayer to cover the paint and Gelli plate with purple acrylic paint and quickly covered with printing paper and rubbed thoroughly before lifting off the paper.
Result:

No comments: