Thursday, October 9, 2014

Intaglio ATCs

The theme on 9ATC group is Intaglio. I wasn't successful in my attempts to make an intaglio plate and create an image. Not sure if it was because I don't have a printing press, or I didn't get the thickness of my plate right. Oh well, decided to make an Intaglio style embellishment for these atcs.
I choose one of the sheets of paper I created when making a Squishy book at an art retreat a few years back. I adhered this paper to a card stock base, stamped tree images on with black India Ink, added some torn foreign newsprint to the side. Inked the edges with black ink.
 To make the embellishments, punched a circle out of black card stock. Inked with VersaMark ink, covered with embossing enamel and heat set. Repeated this step 3 more times.
 On the 4th layer of heated embossing enamel, while it was still liquid, pressed in a star image that had been inked with VersaMark ink, and let the stamp sit in the embossing enamel until it had cooled. After removing the stamp, I rubbed silver metallic rub-ons over embellishment, then rubbed most of it off.
 Placed the embellishment on the atc, and layered it on black card stock, then added 3 tiny black star brads to the bottom left.

No comments: