Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Ribbon Cake Birthday Cards

It was my turn to do the demo at stamp club. I saw a similar card on Pintrest, and I thought "what a great way to use up scraps of ribbons"!
Stamp birthday saying onto a piece of paper, white or colored. Use an embossing folder to add textured to this paper, which will go behind the birthday cake. Layer the textured paper onto a colored piece of card stock and then layer both onto the base card.
Choose an assortment of ribbons, cut to graduating lengths and adhere to the textured layer. Punch out candle from scraps of paper. Or make candles by cutting small strips of colored paper and adding small colored rhinestones or "pearls" to be the flames.
I though these were fun to make used up lots of bits of ribbons and I can also use birthday cards.

No comments: