Thursday, December 12, 2013

More Christmas Cards

Need more Christmas cards. Decided to use some of the backgrounds I have on hand that are cut to ATC size to use on the cards. I think my arty friends will appreciate these.
 Choose a vintage image, printed it out in reverse on TAP paper and ironed onto some of the backgrounds. This image appears better on the lighter backgrounds.
 Used some old Caroling Song book sheets for the background.  For most of them, I tore the right side edge. Ran the sheet through an embossing folder, after rubbing the inside of the folder with vintage photo Distress ink, and running through the Cuttlebug. Added a dimensional ornament sticker.
 On some of the music sheets I colored the raised holly with green Distress ink.
 I wasn't able to get the TAP transfer to work with the crackle paste background (upper left of the ones below) so I cut out a vintage image and adhered that instead. I had some Christmas themed ATCs left over from last year, that I decided looked better on the cards then on their own.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you explain this process to me., I have never heard ofma tap transfer.And I have heard of the embossing folders but never used them. Intriguing! Jeanne

Carol said...

TAP is a specialty paper Transfer Artist Paper from Lesley Riley. It's sold in Art stores and online. They are iron-on transfer sheets that can be run through a jet ink printer (which is what I did) and the images transferred to fabric, paper, wood, glass, canvas, etc. with a dry hot on. Detailed instructions come with the paper.
Hope this helps, Carol