Saturday, November 17, 2012

U is for UTEE Marbled Background

U is for UTEE Marbled Background. I found this technique on Wendy's blog, she has a couple more UTEE background techniques in that same post.
Cover a thin piece of cardboard with embossing or VersaMark ink. Cover with black UTEE and heat set with a heat tool. Repeat two more times, so you have three layers of embossing enamel covering the cardboard. I did try to coat the thin cardboard by dipping it in black UTEE that was melted in a melt pot, but that gave too thick of an application.
 While the last layer is still hot, drop on some metallic (or other color) UTEE.
 Use a wooden toothpick or small skewer to marble this colored UTEE into the black layer. I found I needed to continue to heat the embossing enamel to keep it fluid.
 As desired, add another color(s) of embossing enamel (I choose purple), heat and stir as above.
 Here's how my background turned out. A little hard to see with the light reflection.


No comments: