Saturday, September 24, 2011

F is for Fusible Webbing

I did this technique before, and wanted to try it over a background I made, instead of over colored card stock.



Cut up the darkest of the Foxy-Oxi backgrounds I made yesterday into ATC sized pieces.

Place a piece of  Fusible Webbing (Heat n Bond is one brand of fusible webbing) over the Foxy-Oxi background. Use a heat tool to melt the fusible webbing and adhere it to the card stock. I choose the Lite fusible webbing, as it melts quickly with the heat tool, leaving nice large holes, giving a lacy appearance.

While the webbing is still hot, sprinkle over embossing powders. It works better to sprinkle on the embossing powders while heating the fusible webbing, but I wanted you to see the powder before it melted. I used an assortment of white, silver, and blue embossing powders with glitter in them.

Here is how the fusible webbing technique looks over the Foxy-Oxi background.
 Here's another one, each one will have a different appearance.
It was interesting to see how the Foxy-Oxi background using only purple Distress inks, changed color with the intense heating of the heat tool.

No comments: