Saturday, May 8, 2010

Water Stamping

On NGS group, we've been discussing the Water Stamping Technique, today I had a chance to play with it. First, ink up coated card stock with a deep color of ink.
Ink a bold stamp with clear embossing ink (not perfect medium or watermark ink) and mist the stamp with water. Then stamp onto inked paper and lift off. Don't let the stamp sit on the paper. On this one, I think I misted with too much water.
I did the same thing again, but misted with less water, once on the bottom half of the paper (still fairly wet) and stamped again on the top half of the paper, using even less water. This will make great background.
For this next one, inked coated card stock with a mixture of blue Distress inks.
Again, inked a bold stamp with clear embossing ink and lightly misted with water, then stamped onto the inked card stock. I like how it turned out:

1 comment:

chrissy said...

I like both of your experiments, but I think I do like the look on the coated card stock better!! Although, maybe it is the stamp you used that is catching my eye.
chrissy