Tuesday, April 30, 2013

ATC based on Tim's April Tag of 2013

I have a few of the new Distress Paints, and decided to try the Patina effect with Distress paints that Tim Holtz shows in his April Tag in the 12 Tags of 2013 series. Make sure to check out his blog post with the wonderful step by step photos. I placed a couple colors of Distress paint and a metallic Distress paint on a craft sheet and spritzed with water.
 Dragged some manilla folders pieces through the Distress paint and then spritzed with water and then heat set.
 These are the two backgrounds I made:
 Next, used a blending tool to add some more colors with Distress Ink, spritzed with water, stood up to allow the wet ink to run down and then heat set.
 Here's how it turned out:
 Stamped dragonfly stamp with black archival ink. Distressed the edges of the ATC and colored with walnut stain Distress ink and heat set the inks.
 Stamped the same dragonfly image on a piece of plastic sheet, cut out the wings and stapled on with blue staples. Added some washi tape.
 Colored some metal embellishments with Distress paint and before it completely dried, wiped off some of the paint to reveal the metal underneath. Colored a cardboard "Y" with Distress paints.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Birthday Card

The theme for Stamp Club tonight is Birthday Cards. I needed to make quick cards.
I cut up left over background papers 1-1/4" x 1-1/2" and added to white card stock with foam mounting tape to raise them up a bit. Added some metallic cording to be the bag handles and folded some bright pink tissue paper to place behind the "bags". Stamped an appropriate saying with black India Ink. Layered on to a black card.

Friday, April 19, 2013

Watercolor ATCs

This month's theme on 9ATC Group is Watercolor. I stamped tree images on heavyweight drawing paper and used black embossing powder and heat set. Then painted some liquid paint over parts of the tree trunks and let dry.
 Wetted Twinkling H20s and after wetting the paper, did a wet watercolor wash over the drawing paper and let dry.
 Trimmed the images and layered over a glittery black card stock. Added a swirl charm with yellow & metallic fibers. I wasn't able to pick up the shimmer from the Twinkling H20s in my photo.

Batik Quilt

Quilt made for Comfort Quilts using donated 5" cut batik fabrics. I came up with this large heart design. Added some batiks from my stash to keep it pink & green. This was fun to make.

Woven Flower Embellishments

At stamp club last night we made woven flower embellishments, following the directions from the For Scrapping Out Loud blog, see the tutorial here
 Here are some others I made and added to cards:

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Kimberly's Round Robin Journal

I have Kimberly's Round Robin Journal in the  Kindred Souls Art Group. Her theme is Shabby Vintage Blue. I love that she used an old book cover and uses ribbons to hold her signatures.
I sewed some old blue fabric with large floral lace edge, and some lace and trimming.

Sewed on some beads and white flowers. Added some vintage images. The top and bottom ones are under glass that has been colored with blue alcohol inks. The middle image is under a fragment. All are attached with white lace ribbons.

For the back, I sewed on vintage looking background paper, and the same lace that was on the front. Added a large blue flower die cut with a blue bead sewn on. Added a couple of white flowers with blue bead centers. Used some blue background paper to add my details, stamped images with stormy sky Distress ink, colored the edges with old paper Distress ink. Used a blue staple to attach a white lace ribbon.

Friday, April 12, 2013

Birthday Club Page

April means it's Michael's birthday in the birthday club on Kindred Souls Art Group. I used one of the Masking over Acrylic Painted Backgrounds I made earlier. 
On the front, stamped "TIME" with brown Archival Ink and outlined with a black marker and added words. Placed some washi tape along the bottom. Added a large watch piece for a moon, and glued on several small gears and screws. Added some printed ribbons and a "jeweled" brad.
 Stamped on the back with black India Ink.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Waterstamping ATC

I'm using up some of my stash of backgrounds. This background was made using the Water stamping technique from Tim Holtz's Compendium of Curiosities book (and on his blog).
I didn't want to cover too much of this background, so I only added a vintage image and some bits from printed acetate.

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Water Resist ATC

Used a water resist background made back when I was doing a book study of "Surface Treatment Workshop".
Added vintage images, words from a Dynomaker and created a "crystal ball" by altering a large metal brad with a "?" sticker and a clear pebble.

Monday, April 1, 2013

Bottle Cap Embellishment

Went to Archiver's for their make n take. The necklaces were no longer available, but we could make the bottle caps and add a chain or not later. I choose a flattened bottle cap. Stamped a saying on dark kraft paper, cut it to fit in the bottle cap. Then UTEE (an embossing enamel) was poured into the bottle cap, set in a Melting Pot to heat and melt the UTEE. Once the UTEE had cooled, punched a hole in the bottle cap to add a jump ring (I'll add a charm later) and added a red rhinestone. Was placed back in the UTEE to sink the rhinestone into the UTEE a bit.  This will become an embellishment at some point. Fun to get in some art time while away from home.