Decided to make a few backgrounds for later. Sprayed some green Memories Mists over dictionary pages and let dry.
Saturday, September 28, 2013
Friday, September 27, 2013
I had time to finish a couple more quilts for Comfort Quilters. Found a fun African panel, cut it into four pieces and created borders and sashing out of leftover scraps!
Another Disappearing 9Patch, this one made out of oriental design fabrics
Wednesday, September 25, 2013
For stamp club this month we were to make Holiday cards. I decided to make quick Christmas cards. Stamped Merry Merry Christmas with dark gray ink on a paper with lighter gray dots and layered it on a white card. Added 3 different snowflakes punched out of textured white paper and added 2 small and 1 larger rhinestones.
Monday, September 23, 2013
Thursday, September 19, 2013
My first round robin journal in the Kindred Souls Art Group is finished and has come back to me. I thought I'd share the whole book. Front cover I made:
page I made:
Wednesday, September 18, 2013
I received the last journal for me to work in of the original Round Robin Journals on Kindred Souls Art Group. Gloria choose vintage for the style of her book. I started by adhering a vintage handkerchief around the page, front and back, with Heat n Bond fusible webbing. Then I re-punched the holes in the page on the left side. Added a decorative lace ribbon around 3 edges. Added a printed pink ribbon near the bottom of the page. Sprayed a large silk flower with a variety of homemade sprays including some Perfect Pearls. Glued a vintage image inside a round metal frame, added some charms to the bottom and attached it to the center of the large flower. Also added two metal flowers with some small crochet doilies and pink floral beads. Added a dragonfly charm to the top one. Added a large metal leaf charm with another type of pink bead to the lower right corner.
In the Kindred Souls Art group, Eileen chose All shades of white with a little bit of black as the colors for her journal. I cut and adhered a vintage handkerchief with lace edging to the front of the page with Heat n Bond fusible webbing. Taped on a white ribbon around the front and back and added a small white buckle. Layered two crochet doilies to the center of the page with an image in the center. Added 3 white paper flowers with very small black "pearl" centers. Added 4 different pieces of lace across the bottom of the page. Added 6 small white paper flowers with letter beads in the centers under the large doily. Also attached white "pearls" to the flower cents on the lace edging and the large doily.
Sunday, September 15, 2013
For October, in the Color Perceptions ATC swap on ArtVentures Group, the color will be Blue. The ATC is supposed to be predominately blue, and be based on how blue makes me feel. I love the Color Blue, thinking of the sea and the sky and find it very calming and relaxing: Serene.
I made my background using a variety of blue dye inks with masks. I lightly sponged a light blue ink over a coated card stock. Placed a Post-it note cut mask over the lower part and sponged more of the same color ink in darker layers over the card.
Metal is the theme for this month on 9ATC group. I covered some thin cardboard with ventilation tape, then applied alcohol inks with felt.
Saturday, September 7, 2013
In the Kindred Souls Art group, Sandy chose Purple & Rust as the colors for her journal. I started with a purple page done with the Foxy Oxi Technique. Used various shades of purple Distress Inks to stamp images over the surface.
I used dies to cut out some cage and hardware images out of a sheet of faux rusty metal paper, and some bird parts out of batik fabrics over grunge paper. Used Metallic Rust Lumiere paint over the edges of all these images.
Decided to stamp a few more images on the background with Royal Purple StazOn ink. Then added the bird cage with lock over purple feathers. Used copper brads and hammered them to look distressed. Adhered the bird over the key, then spayed a Prisma flower with purple ColorMist and added some small decorative purple flowers. This page was attached to one of the pages in Sandy's book.
Stamped some of the same images along with a saying using the Royal Purple StazOn ink over a sheet of purple background paper and attached it to the back. Also colored some printed tissue paper with Rust Distress Ink, adhered it to the page and rubbed some off.
Ready to send the book off to the next participant.